COSTUME DESIGNER, BLOGGER, ILLUSTRATOR,
(Filep in Vogue Greece, March 2010 portrait by Vassilis Karidis)
ABOUT FILEP MOTWARY
• Filep's career in fashion started back in early 2000, right after he finished his fashion studies and immidiately worked as assistant stylist for the Greek edition of L'Officiel magazine in Athens. He simultaneously launched his capsule collection Soit L'autre which was available in the legendary boutique Bettina, next to designers the likes of Comme Des Garcons, Balenciaga, Sophia Kokosalaki. In late 2003 Filep moved to Paris and worked for John Galliano, Dior Couture and Chloe during her final season for the House. In 2005, Filep returns to Greece and re-launches his collection in team with jewellery designer Maria Mastori under the name Mastori*Motwary Studio. They still work together only for special projects.
costumes have been presented in a variety of museums around the
world: Hasselt Mode Museum.Belgium , Hellenic Amercian Union.
Athens, Musee Des Art Decocratifs.Paris, Michael Cacoyiannes
Foundation.Athens, Byron Museum.Nicosia (2012), La Gaite Lyrique. Paris (2013)
• Filep is the Fashion Features Editor for Dapper Dan Magazine and collaborates on free-lance basis with Another Magazine Web, UnderCurrent,
POP, “A”Magazine Curated by.., Vogue Italia web, Vogue Paris web,
The Stimuleye, Diane Pernet’s A shaded view on Fashion
• Twice awarded blogger since 2005, Dazed & Confused Raw blog awards
(2009) and third prize at Golden Blog Awards in Paris (2010)
•Journalist & Photographer for JOYCE Hong Kong, Hyeres Festival (2012
• Winner of Jury Price for his film “NUPTIALIS: Is this real life” along with Maria Mastori, directed by Suzie Q and Leo Siboni (2011) at ASVOFF
• Illustrator for a number of publications including “VISUAL RESEARCH
METHODS in FASHION” a book by JULIA GAIMSTER of the
LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION
• Guest tutor for several fashion schools.
• One of ten selected guests for table debate discussion at POLIMODA,
• Jury member for the Bachelor and PhD graduates in LA CAMBRE, June
• Head of Q&A project in collaboration with Linda Loppa /Polimoda for a series of interviews featuring Rick Owens, Tim Blanks, Humberto Leon of Kenzo, Bruce Pask, Christian Lacroix, Danilo Venturi, Diane Pernet, Etienne Russo, Robin Schulie... (January 2013)
•Guest Jury member for Hyeres Festival 2013
•Along with Maria Mastori, participants with a costume of his own design and jewellery by Maria at Atopos Monsters in Fashion Exhibition, Gaite Lyrique Paris. February 2013
•Included in "STYLEFEED: THE WORLD'S TOP FASHION BLOGS" by Susie Bubble and William Oliver (Prestel 2012)
Un nouVeau iDEAL has been
selected by Susie Bubble and
William Oliver is included in
Style Feed, a book publication
by Prestel, released in October
Un nouVeau iDEAL, the twice award-winning blog that exists since 2004.
Since late 2009, Un nouVeau iDEAL has moved to a new platform counting
2 990 000 viewers to this moment
Considering that it is an individual blog not supported by any substantial companies or publishers, the visitors are quite a lot on a daily basis.
In the Fall of 2012, Un nouVeau iDEAL was one the blogs selected by William Oliver and Susie Bubble to be included in Style Feed: The World's Top Fashion Blogs a publication by PRESTEL, focusing on the most engaging, noted and innovative fashion blogs from across the globe.
nouveau iDEAL is already 8 years old, thanks to the accurate and insight
fashion & arts information, the daily updates, the news and
presentations, the true love for the fashion industry, the fashion heritage and
the support of young creatives from around the world.
In the years that passed, a number of great young individuals were presented on our page, though not-yet known at the time, these talented boys and girls are now ruling the fashion industry.
Its important to mention the amazing fashion establishments like photographers, designers, and art directors, artists that have been interviewed for the blog:
Helmut Lang, Stephen Jones, Francois Hallard, Paolo Roversi, Yohji Yamamoto, Jean Jacques Picart, Miles Aldridge, Dries Van Noten, Suzanne Von Aichinger, Viktor & Rolf, Christian Lacroix, Juergen Teller, Helmut Lang, Marc Ascoli, Hans Feurer, Bruno Pieters, Rick Owens, Jean Charles De Castelbajac, Martine Sitbon, Maison Martin Margiela are just a few from the 200 names listed.
FILMS OF MASTORI*MOTWARY STUDIO
*SOPHIA / Couture FW 2009/10: directed by Janos Visniovszky (photo above) and presented in Paris as past of ASVOFF by Diane Pernet.
*SARKA: selected by FRANCA SOZZANI and Diane Pernet founder of ASVOFF as part of a FILM FESTIVAL supported by VOGUE Italia in Milano on May 25th 2010.
SARKA /LIGHT / ASVOFF one minute series with VOGUE Italia
The initial idea behind the short film “SARKA 23 JULY 1677” was to present the S/S 10 clothing and jewelery collections by Athens-based designers Filep Motwary and Maria Mastori, through a visual experience. The starting point was the drama surrounding the works of Mastori/Motwary and their love for cinema. The film is a small sample of a longer version, that captures the drama of a love affair, the memory and the loss.
Winner of YOUNG TALENT PRIZE at ASVOFF#4 / CLICK HERE
above: STRANGE PIGEONS/Costumes and photography by Filep Motwary 2013
The Forest Can Hide Us (2013 © images above) Costumes & Photography by Filep Motwary Jewellery by Maria Mastori. The costumes and jewellery are part of ARRRGH! Monsters in Fashion at Gaite Lyrique. Paris from 13 February to April 7th.
ABOVE: Costume by Filep Motwary / Jewellery Maria Mastori
Tittle: THE FOREST CAN HIDE US / Campaign photography by Thanassis Krikis.
Mastori*Motwary Studio "THE BETROTHED" Costumes FILEP MOTWARY, Jewelry MARIA MASTORI, Photography THANASSIS KRIKIS, Fashion Editor NICHOLAS GEORGIOU, Hair/Maquillage STELLAR Models ANASTASIA.P / Dmodels, HARRY KOUSHOS, Thank you D.Isopoulou, P.Lycos
Nuptialis, costume by Filep Motwary, Jewellery by Maria Mastori.2010
Part of PRINTS! HASSELT MODE MUSEUM BELGIUM / Photographed by Thanassis Krikis)
(above Filep Motwary Couture F/W 2010 Photography Thanassis Kirkis-above)
"Sarka, SS2011. Photographed by Filep Motwary)
(NOW I KNOW YOU KNOW FW2008/09)
(SAME TIME TOMORROW SS2007, Photo by Mara Desipris-above and Costas Coutayiar below)
(FROST FW 2006/07...this is how it all started for Mastori*Motwary Studio)(VIER FUCHSE VOR FUCHSBAU COLLECTION SS2009)
(Illustration by Filep Motwary)