Belgian-born industry favourite Y/Project’s Glenn Martens talks to Filep Motwary about this unconventional entry into fashion via architecture. They discuss his emotional take over of a brand in mourning, after founder Johan Serfaty passed away. Martens’ take on the brand was different, the team initially buckled but eventually came around to the fresh, new direction he bought to the label. Today he’s heralded as a champion of Paris’ new contemporary scene and discusses risk, team work, growth and critique under the fashion microscope. Now Y/Project is known for experimental constructions, eccentricity, playfulness and being always versatile. Martens reflects life’s diversity into his collections and would rather be steady than chase hype.
Listen to the podcast LIVE CURIOUSLY featuring Glenn Martens HERE
JOYCE BRINGS THE WORLD OF LUXURY FASHION AND
CONTEMPORARY CULTURE TO LIFE WITH A SERIES OF
INTIMATE PODCAST CONVERSATIONS
What does it mean to Live Curiously?
The JOYCE mantra LIVE CURIOUSLY forms the title of a series of conversations with some of the world’s most creative minds. In September 2019, the high fashion retailer launches the first episodes of their new podcast exploring personal understandings of identity, purpose, passion, and motivation. JOYCE invites a select group of local and international cultural influencers to host each episode.
Featuring friends of the iconic brand, the recordings make for inspiring, thought-provoking and informative listening – this is an insight into the minds of those who have contributed to the creation of fashion, art, and culture as it stands today.
With almost five decades of experience in fashion and art, JOYCE connects a worldwide network of like-minded design, fashion & culture aficionados, with discussions that shed light on some of the most inspiring talents in the business. Why they do what they do? How do they keep ahead of the curve?
What it is that helps them stay curious?
The illuminating and intimate conversations reach beneath
fashion’s facade, exploring Creativity, Care and Craftsmanship both locally and globally. The opening episodes of the series see some of the most prominent and progressive names in the industry casually discuss their craft, lifestyle, personal philosophy and beyond:
• Thom Browne hosted by Filep Motwary, Fashion Photographer, Published Author and Editor-at-Large Vogue
• Glenn Martens hosted by Filep Motwary
• Marine Serre hosted by Tiffany Godoy, Fashion Editor and contributor for the likes of Vogue, BoF, SSENSE and Hypebeast, Founder of Instagramazine Th_Rlty-Shw
• JW Anderson hosted by David Hellqvist, Fashion writer and Online Editor of PORT Magazine. Co-Founder and Editorial Director of Document Studios
• Joseph Altuzarra hosted by Divia Harilela, Fashion correspondent for SCMP and BoF magazines. Founder and Editor of The D’Vine.com
• Colville hosted by Peter Wong, Editorial Director for Vogue Hong Kong and Editor-in-Chief of Magazine P & Ching Siu-Wai Co-publisher of Magazine P and former Creative Director of City Magazine